Why Aerate your Pond?
- Aerators add valuable oxygen to your pond.
- Aerators increase dissolved oxygen levels which increase the number of GOOD bacteria.
- Good Bacteria helps keep your pond clean and clear with less organic build-up at the pond bottom.
- Aerators replaces the need for de-icers and heaters during normal winters (severe winters may still need to add de-icers). Bubbling / moving water does not freeze easily–therefore keeping a hole in the ice to allow toxic gases to leave the pond.
- Toxic gases come from decaying organic matter and fish respiration.
- Aerators save energy and your money when you can shut off your deicer.
- Fish LOVE aeration. Just watch them hover around the bubbles!